Saturday, March 25, 2023

Back At It

A handwritten journal in six volumes.
1,178 days ago, I clicked "Publish" on the previous post.

I didn't really stop writing--I simply stopped writing this blog. Instead, I took a big step back and kept "a" journal. By hand. At the time, I felt it was the safest option to chronicle what I was observing (and opining on). A handwritten journal can be easily disposed of, if necessary, while a published blog might be incriminating forever. The journals themselves don't look like much: college-ruled composition books, all written in longhand, with a fountain pen. But they capture a lot of what was going on in my life, and in my studio, during the past three years.

I'm glad I kept a journal through the tumult of a pandemic, political upheaval, and what appear to be some odd changes in how life works. But now it's time to start writing a blog again.

There are a few changes, starting with the name. After more than sixteen years, it really needed a tweak, so I've dropped "Hobbies" in favor of "Adventures." The focus will remain on the fiber and textile arts, with occasional forays into gardening, cooking, and my travels. I'm not changing the formatting to "optimize" it for reading off a phone. It will simply be a chronicle of what's going on in my life as a fiber and textile artist.

No comments: